…it is both actually. Fever lets us know body is fighting something. It is our natural defense mechanism. For adults and toddlers anything above 104 F, for children above 103.5 and for infants above 100.4 F is considered high and needs to be brought down to prevent possible brain damage. However, a mild fever does not need to be reduced at all since it server a great purpose in out body.
Boiling water kills most bacteria and viruses, right? Fever plays a similar role, so why would anyone want to bring it down?
According to science daily; “Because fever can actually help lower the amount of virus in a sick person’s body and reduce the chance of transmitting disease to others, taking drugs that reduce fever can increase transmission. We’ve discovered that this increase has significant effects when we scale up to the level of the whole population.” “ever suppression increases the number of annual cases by approximately five per cent, corresponding to more than 1,000 additional deaths from influenza in a typical year across North America.” to read the article please click here.
Good information to have for all the new parents out there. According to wellnessmama.com, when it comes to fever, seek help when:
- A child under three months has a fever over 100.4 or exhibits any serious symptoms
- A child has a fever over 104 as this can signal a more serious infection or poisoning
- A child has a fever for more than two consecutive days
- The ill person has other symptoms like stiff neck, listlessness, or sensitivity to light
- The person is unable to hold down food for more than a few hours or shows any signs of dehydration
- Person exhibits any sign of respiratory distress (Seek immediate help)
- Person has been exposed to toxins or poisons that may have caused the fever
- My mother’s intuition says there is something more serious going on, even if the child appears fine
To get some good information on this topic please click here.
9 out of 10 times after people find out what I do for a living, after a long oooooooooooooom they point to their backs or necks and say; ” my back / neck is killing me”. What they are missing out on is the fact that, being under chiropractic care, being proactive about health, being informed and acting upon it can save lives!
Chiropractic improves the way out body functions. When your body is working at a higher level, it can fight more bacteria and viruses on it’s own than anything that comes from a bottle. If you are not under Chiropractic care, all I can say is that you absolutely need to, your”ll thank me for it.