By the time a child is 6-months-old they are to be injected with at least 47 vaccines; at 18 months at least 67 , Vaccination and at 4 – 6 years at least 81! – based on the 2008 CDC recommended schedule.
Why are so many parents rejecting vaccinations for their children? The most common answers given are:
• They consider the vaccines dangerous and ineffective.
• They prefer natural rather than artiﬁcial immunity.
• They have a vaccine-injured child (a growing number).
• They have religious or philosophical objections to vaccination.
Before submitting to any medical procedure you must be fully informed about it. Let’s explore some of these reasons in greater detail.
1. To have healthier children. Research reveals that non-vaccinated children are healthier than vaccinated children. (1-2)
2. To protect my children from vaccine- caused diseases. It is the vaccinated children who have autism, asthma, allergies, skin disorders, immune system disorders, neurological disorders, ADD (attention deﬁcit disorder), ADHD (attention deﬁcit hyperactivity disorder), other behavioral disorders, meningitis, dyslexia, hearing and vision problems. These conditions are rare in the non-vaccinated. (3-4) Other conditions linked to vaccination include pervasive developmental disorder (PDD), Asperger’s syndrome, eczema, meningitis, encephalitis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, convulsions, seizures, anaphylaxis, thrombocytopenia, optic neuritis, ocular palsies, retinitis, deafness, otitis media, ulcerative colitis, bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, headache, dizziness, hearing and vision problems, arthritis, arthralgia, learning disorders, chronic fatigue, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and more. Robert Mendelsohn, MD writes: “Immunization against relatively harmless childhood diseases may be responsible for the dramatic increase in … cancer, leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), lupus and Guillain-Barre syndrome.” (5) Jane Orient, MD, Executive Director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons writes: “Asthma and diabetes … autism and attention deﬁcit/hyperactivity disorder have [increased greatly] since the introduction of many new vaccines….” (6)
3. To protect my baby from crib death (SIDS). What we call crib death or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is, in many cases, vaccination death. Robert Mendelsohn, MD writes: “My suspicion, which is shared by others in my profession, is that the nearly 10,000 SIDS deaths that occur in the U.S. each year are related to one or more of the vaccines that are routinely given to children.” (7) In 1975 Japan raised the minimum age of vaccination from 2 months to 2 years. Crib death, infantile seizures, meningitis and other infectious diseases in infants virtually disappeared. Japan went from 17th in infant mortality to 1st (lowest in the world). However, serious infectious diseases such as meningitis sharply increased in 2-year-olds. (8) Medical researcher Harris Coulter, PhD writes: “Now that the draft has been abolished, mandatory vaccination remains the only time an American is asked to risk his life for his country.” (9)
4. To protect my baby from being injected with toxic poisons. In addition to live and killed bacteria, viri, and their toxins, children are injected with some of the most lethal poisons known: formaldehyde; mercury; aluminum; phenol (carbolic acid); borax (ant killer); ethylene glycol (antifreeze); dye; acetone (nail polish remover); latex; MSG; glycerol; polysorbate 80/20; sorbitol; monkey, cow, chick, pig, sheep and dog tissues and cells (may be contaminated with animal viruses); gelatin; casein; human fetal cells; human viruses; antibiotics; genetically modiﬁed yeast; and animal, bacterial and viral DNA (may affect recipient’s DNA).
5. I don’t want to play Russian roulette with my child. No one knows the chances of your child being hurt or killed from a vaccination because only a fraction of children who are hurt is ever reported. According to the US Food and Drug Administration, MDs underreport vaccination injuries by 90%. (10) Another report revealed that only one in 50 vaccine-injured children (2%) is ever reported.” (11) Why would that be? There are a number of reasons. One is that most medical doctors do not know how to identify a vaccine reaction. Another is that they refuse to acknowledge that such reactions are inherent in vaccination. After all, they were taught in medical school that vaccines are very safe. A third reason is that it is hard to admit that something they did to help a patient caused that patient harm.
6. Childhood diseases almost completely disappeared before vaccination. The death rate from mumps and pertussis (whooping cough) had decreased over 90% before widespread vaccination. The measles death rate had decreased nearly 98%. Diseases for which no vaccines were introduced, such as scarlet fever and typhoid fever, also decreased to virtually zero. “Nearly 90% of the total decline in mortality (scarlet fever, diphtheria, whooping cough, and measles) between 1860 and 1965 occurred before the introduction of
antibiotics and widespread immunization.” (12) According to Robert Mendelsohn, MD: “There is no convincing scientiﬁc evidence that mass inoculations can be credited with eliminating any childhood disease…I urge you to reject all inoculations for your child.” (13)
7. There is no proof the polio vaccine decreased polio. Additionally the polio vaccine is linked to cancer. Due to improper ﬁltering, a monkey virus (SV40) was included in the polio vaccine. SV40 is highly carcinogenic (cancer-causing) and is linked to brain tumors, bone cancers, malignant mesothelioma (lung lining cancer) and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. (14)
8. I don’t want my baby to get incompletely tested drugs. Vaccines are not tested for their ability to cause cancer, mutations or developmental malformations. They are also untested for their affect on a child’s reproductive system. Shampoos and cosmetics are tested for carcinogenicity but vaccines aren’t.
9. I don’t want my child to get cancer. Pediatric cancer rates have been rising 1% a year since 1974 and cancer is currently the 2nd leading cause of death in children (after accidents). Leukemia and brain tumors, the most common childhood malignancies, are rising dramatically. (15) “Have we traded mumps and measles for cancer and leukemia?” asks Robert Mendelsohn, MD (16) Vaccination in childhood is linked to autoimmune diseases, skin diseases, degenerative diseases of bone and cartilage and tumors in adult life. (17)
10. I want my child to have natural immunity. Vaccination is unnatural. Diseases contracted naturally are ﬁltered through immune system defenses (i.e. skin and mucous membranes). However, vaccines are introduced into a child’s body unnaturally – direct injection into the child’s blood stream – giving the vaccine ingredients (bacteria, viri and toxins) access to all of the major tissues and organs of the body without the body’s normal advantage of a total immune response.
11. I want my child to be free of autism and learning disorders. After years of denying a link between vaccination and autism, on November 9, 2007 the US government in Court of Federal Claims admitted that vaccines can cause autism. (18) This follows years of thousands of parents reporting their normal, healthy children descended into autism after receiving DPT, MMR or other vaccines. Medical researcher Harris Coulter, PhD reports: “Between 15 and 20% of American school children are considered learning disabled with minimal brain dysfunction directly caused by vaccine damage.” (19) Dr. Coulter’s estimate (1990) is now a fraction of the larger number of vaccine-damaged children. For example, in 2004 almost ﬁve million children ages 3-17 were classiﬁed as learning disabled, a three-fold increase since 1976-77, with comparable increases in attention deﬁcit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) and asthma. (20) In addition, the American Academy of Pediatrics, in their January 2004 “AUTISM A.L.A.R.M” bulletin, announced that 1 in 6 American children were diagnosed with a developmental disorder and/or behavioral disorder. Vaccination is creating a generation of neurologically damaged children. If we include other types of vaccine damage such as allergy (including food allergy) and asthma, the numbers are far higher.
12. Vaccines interfere with trans-placental immunity. Trans-placental immunity is the protection the fetus receives from the mother before birth (through the placenta). When a little girl is vaccinated she does not develop all the natural immunity she should have. When she becomes pregnant she cannot pass on as much protection to her unborn baby. That is why measles now occurs in children less than one-year-old and adults over twenty-five, ages where it can be fatal. This was unheard of before vaccination. Vaccines interfere with the age of occurrence of childhood diseases. (21-22)
13. No one knows if vaccine damage can surface years later. “There are no adequate studies to determine the long-term effects of vaccines on our children and future generations.” (23) According to Guylaine Lanctot, MD: “Vaccination is a disaster to the immune system. It actually causes a lot of illnesses. We are changing our genetic code through vaccination.” (24)
14. The flu vaccine has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. According to Hugh Fudenberg, MD, the world’s leading immunogeneticist, if an individual has had five consecutive flu shots his/her chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease is ten times higher. Is this why Alzheimer’s is expected to quadruple? (25-26)
15. I want my child to have permanent immunity. Only natural immunity lasts a lifetime and vaccines don’t provide natural immunity. Also, when children are permitted to have infectious diseases of childhood they naturally lower their risk of cancer and heart disease in later life. (27)
16. The vaccines don’t work. Outbreaks have occurred in 100% vaccinated populations. (28) In one school, out of 137 children who contracted measles, 98.7% were vaccinated. (29) Another study found that getting a pertussis (whooping cough) shot increases the chances of getting pertussis. (30)
17. Vaccination dosage isn’t personalized. A 5-pound premature baby will get the same dosage as a 60-pound 6-year-old. There is no personalization for weight, health or any other reason. A single vaccine given to a 6-pound newborn is the equivalent of giving an adult 30 vaccinations on the same day.
18. To promote a natural, drug-free lifestyle. How can we tell our children to avoid drugs if we drug them throughout childhood? How can we teach our children that drugs are bad if we take them all the time? Our children are injected with dangerous toxic chemicals that have no benefit and may cause diseases far worse than what they are designed to “prevent.” Natural immunity is safer; natural immunity promotes healthier children; and natural immunity lasts forever.
1. Pearce N et al. Is infant immunization a risk factor for childhood asthma or allergy?
2. Odent ME, Culpin EE, Kimmel T. Pertussis vaccination and asthma: is there a link?
Letter. JAMA. 1994;272(8):593.
3. McKeever TM, Lewis SA, Smith C. Does vaccination increase the risk of developing
allergic disease?: a birth cohort study. Winter Abstract supplement to Thorax. 2002;57:
4. Yoneyama H, Suzuki M, Fujii K, Odajima Y. The Effect of DPT and BCG vaccinations
on atopic disorders. Arerugi. 2000;49(7):585-592.
5. Mendelsohn R. How To Raise A Healthy Child … In Spite Of Your Doctor. Chicago:
Contemporary Books. 1984;232.
6. Statement of the Association of American Physicians & Surgeons to the U.S. House
of Representatives, The Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy, and Human
Resources of the Committee on Government Reform. Submitted by Jane Orient, M.D.
June 14, 1999.
7. Mendelsohn. Ibid:250.
8. Cherry JD et al. Report of the task force on pertussis and pertussis immunization.
Pediatrics (Supplement). 1988;939-984.
9. Coulter HL. Vaccination, Social Violence and Criminality: The Medical Assault on the
American Brain. Washington, DC: Center for Empirical Medicine. 1990:iv.
10. Kessler D. Introducing MEDWatch. A new approach to reporting medication and
device adverse effects and product problems. JAMA. 1993;269(21):2785.
11. Froeschle J. Adverse events associated with childhood vaccines, evidence bearing on
causality. Washington DC: Institute of Medicine presentations. 5/11/92; 328, Appendix B.
12. Illich I. Medical Nemesis. Chapter 1: The Epidemics of Moder n Medicine. NY:
Bantam Books, 1976.
13. Mendelsohn. Ibid:230.
14. Vilchez RA, Kozinetz CA, Arrington, AS. Simian virus 40 in human cancers. The
American Journal of Medicine. 2003;114(8):675-684.
15. Increase in childhood brain tumors likely cue to better diagnosis and reporting:
incidence rise coincides with spread of magnetic resonance imaging. NIH news release.
16. Mendelsohn. Ibid:233.
17. Renne T. Measles virus infection without rash leads to disease in adult life. Lancet.
5 January 1985.
18. Kirby D. Government concedes vaccine-autism case in federal court – Now what?
The Huffington Post. February 25, 2008.
19. Coulter. Ibid.
20. Bloom B, Dey AN. Summary health statistics for U.S. children: National health
interview sur vey, 2004, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National
Center for Health Statistics.
21. Papania M, Baughman AL, Lee S et al. Increased susceptibility to measles in infants
in the United States. Pediatrics. 1999;104(5):e59.
22. MMWR. 1991;40:369-372 in JAMA.1991;265(24).
23. US Rep. Dan Burton. LA Times. Letter to the editor. April 24, 2000.
24. Medical Post. December 1994.
25. Dr. Fudenberg at the NVIC International Vaccine Conference, Arlington, VA
September, 1997. Quoted with permission.
26. John’s Hopkins Newsletter. November 1998.
27. Albonico HU, Braker HU, Husler J. Febrile infectious childhood diseases in the history
of cancer patients and matched controls. Medical Hypotheses. 1998;51(4):315-20.
28. MMWR. US Govt. 12/29/89/38(S-9):1-18.
29. Davis RM, Whitman ED, Orenstein WA. A persistent outbreak of measles despite
appropriate prevention and control measures. Am J Epidemiol. 1987;126(3):438-449.
30. De Melker HE, Schellekens JFP, Neppelenbroek SE et al. Reemergence of pertussis
in the highly vaccinated population of The Netherlands: observations on surveillance
data. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2000;6(4:347-358)
by Tedd Koren, D.C.